Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Products from Origins that are Saving my Skin

Hello everyone! I hope your week has been going well - fear not, Friday is almost here. Since my last blog post (All About Makeup Brushes) was so ungodly long, this one is going to be a much quicker read.

I haven't been using either of these products for very long, so this isn't going to be an in-depth review, but I just wanted to let you guys know what products I've been loving lately that are really helping out my skin.

So here they are.





Origins is a brand I had never tried out before, but I've always heard amazing things about their products. Their mission is  to create high-performance natural skincare that is powered by nature and proven by science. They use potent plants, organic ingredients and 100% natural essential oils, and their long-standing commitment to protect the planet, its resources and all those who populate it is reaffirmed by their earth and animal friendly practices.

The first product I want to mention is the the Origins United State Balancing Tonic, which I had never actually heard of before I bought it. 


It is basically a facial toner meant for re-texturizing the skin. This tonic includes state-of-the-art exfoliators to slough the flakes, sweep pore clogging debris, and smooth rough spots. It does not strip or sting the skin, but it does reinstate the skin's proper pH balance. It is good for all skin types and only costs $21.50, which I think is a great price for a high end product. I ordered mine online at Sephora's website.



This toner comes with 5 fluid oz. and is very simple to use. All you do is dampen a cotton pad with the product and then smooth it over your face after cleansing and before applying any creams or moisturizers. It feels cool and tingly against the skin, but it does not sting or burn. It leaves my face feeling clean, smooth, and soft. I have very sensitive, acne-prone combination/oily skin, and this does not irritate me or break me out so far. I've only just started using it, but I can already see myself repurchasing it when I run out.



The next product I've been loving is the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream.


This product has been talked about a million times by all the beauty gurus of the internet, and now I know why. It's amazing! For $30, it's on the pricey side, but still cheaper than the famous Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream, and it is nearly the same price as the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado.



This is a clinically-proven eye cream that instantly de-puffs and reduces dark circles. Origins' proprietary complex of caffeine from coffee bean, Panax ginseng, magnolia extract, and natural optic brighteners rapidly wakes up, refreshes, and restores radiance to tired eyes. It is great for all skin types. 

I chose this cream over all the others because, at 20-years-old (well, almost), I don't really need something for wrinkles or with anti-aging complexes. I do have some fine lines and dark circles underneath my eyes, but doesn't everybody?



My under eye area also gets dry, and I think it's important to start taking care of that issue now before any wrinkles start settling in. This eye cream is super hydrating without leaving a greasy film behind or irritating my eyes. It sinks into the skin quickly and it smells amazing. The fragrance isn't very strong, but it does smell a tiny bit like oranges.

Both of these Origins products are formulated without Parabens or Sulfates, which are ingredients included in many drugstore products that are harmful to the skin. 

That's all I have for you all today. I hope you found this information useful. I know that we all have different skin types and every product works differently on each person, but maybe this will inspire you to search out some products you think will be great for your own skin. I've already seen a great improvement in mine thanks to Origins.

Head over to my Instagram (@_magpiebeauty) to find out when I update my blog instantly. I also post pictures there every day of makeup looks and mini product reviews.

Let me know in the comments what you'd like me to write about next! Also, have a great weekend everybody.

Love, Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment