Sunday, January 4, 2015

Best Mascaras of 2014



Like most makeup lovers, I am an avid mascara collector.

"They're all the same," some people might say.

I'm here to prove those people wrong. 2014 was the year of some of my personal favorite mascaras, ranging from drugstore to high end. I'm going to show you the six mascaras that I cannot live without, starting with the high end products and then finishing up with the drugstore.

Without a doubt, six mascaras is a tad excessive, perhaps even obsessive. Okay, I have an addiction. It could be worse. I could be addicted to heroin or crystal meth. But no, boring old Magpie only has eyes for mascara. Ba dum tss.





Anyway, let's get on to the fun part.

The first product I'm going to talk about is the Benefit They're Real Mascara.



This mascara costs $23 for the standard size and $10 for the sample. It's a thick formula that creates a very natural looking lash without having to reach for the falsies. I use this when I'm going for a more natural look and don't want anything too dramatic.

The next mascara I'll show you is the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. 



Don't let the provocative name throw you off. This mascara costs $23 and is the best for adding volume without forming clumps. I find that a lot of volumizing mascaras clump my lashes together and look really gloopy, but this product gives you the fullest, most fluttery lashes you could ask for.


The last high end mascara I'm going to talk about is the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara.



This product also costs $23, and it is my favorite high end lengthening mascara. It separates my lashes really well and holds a curl all day. It also comes in a waterproof formula, but I prefer the original. This is a great every day mascara.



Now, onto the affordable products! I'm a drugstore girl at heart. I can barely make it through the week without stopping in a CVS, Walgreens, Target, or Wal-mart and perusing the cosmetics aisle. 



First up, we have the Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal mascara.



This little guy only costs about $8, and I'm sure you've heard all the beauty gurus talk about it a million times before, but that's because it's so good. Volume, separation, and a price you can't beat. This is a great choice for my girls on a budget. 


Next, we have the L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara. 



This product took some time to grow on me. It only costs $8, so price was not an issue, but when you first open it, the formula is really wet and has a tendency to clump your lashes together, I promise, if you set it aside for a week or two and come back to it, you won't regret it. Once the mascara had dried up a tiny bit, the formula was perfect for full, separated lashes.


Last but not least is the L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara. 




This mascara is a little expensive for the drugstore at $10, but let me tell you, it's worth every penny. I usually use this product on top of another mascara to really separate and lengthen my lashes if they're looking a little short and clumpy. It's great for the bottom lashes, too.

That's all I have for you guys today! Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you enjoyed my first post. I'm thinking about doing my skincare routine next week - would that be something you all would be interested in? Let me know in the comments!

Love,
Maggie

P.S. You can follow me on instagram to find out when I put up new blog posts. instagram.com/_magpiebeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment