Monday, January 19, 2015

New Items from Milani Cosmetics

Hi all! I know I've been putting up a new blog post about every 4 days or so, but I'm back at school and work now, so my schedule probably won't allow for more than one blog post a week. I'll try to post pictures on Instagram (@_magpiebeauty) at least every other day though so follow me there if you want to see mini product reviews and makeup looks more often.

Onto the imporant stuff! Today I'm going to be swatching and reviewing some new products from Milani Cosmetics that I finally got my hands on! They came out with a few new collections a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't find them anywhere when I was home, but thankfully, I found them at the CVS near where I go to school.


The items I was dying to pick up the most were the Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipsticks.









First of all, I love Milani's packaging. You can't go wrong with gold. Second, I was only able to find 4 of the 8 shades in the range. The other 4 were already sold out. These cost $5.99 a piece, which I think is a great price for such an amazing lipstick. Matte Orchid and Matte Diva do look very similar, but they swatched differently if you look below.


From top to bottom: 64 Matte Orchid, 62 Matte Blissful, 66 Matte Passion, and 63 Matte Diva. 

Matte Orchid pulls a little darker, more of a hot pink, while Matte Diva is a little cooler, kind of like a barbie pink. Matte Blissful is definitely my favorite shade out of these 4 - I love my pink nudes. Matte Passion is a beautiful orangey-red, but I'm really looking forward to getting a hold of the other four shades in the range (60 Matte Innocence, 61 Matte Naked, 65 Matte Glam, and 67 Matte Confident) because these are so pigmented, and I love matte lipsticks that don't dry out my lips. 


The next new collection Milani came out with is the Rose Powder Blush.


These two beautiful blushes were $7.99 each, and there is a third one that was out of stock at my CVS. I have used other Milani blushes before that I absolutely love (Luminoso is one of my favorites), and these are every bit as lovely. The pink shade on the left is 08 Tea Rose, and the peachy shade on the right is 05 Coral Cove. The one I don't have is a mauvey pink color called 01 Romantic Rose.




These blushes were also very pigmented, and they blend out like a dream. I think Coral Cove will be a great color for the spring time, but I'm more of a pink blush kind of girl, so I'm especially excited about Tea Rose, which is a great every day blush. 


The last thing I picked up was one of their Fierce Foil Eye Shine quads.


This little guy cost $9.99, which is why I only bought one of them (hey, I'm a college girl on a budget, after all), but there were 3 other quads as well. This one is called 03 Florence. The other three were 01 Milan, 02 Rome, and 04 Venice - I think there's a theme here. 


These were not what I expected. Instead of a dry powder like I had anticipated, the formula was actually more of a wet cream, which actually looks really beautiful on the skin. They have the finish of a loose pigment rather than a pressed shadow.


(Ignore my little freckle next to the second swatch). The first two shades especially came out so vividly. I was not impressed by the third yellowy-golden color. It was chunky and not very pigmented. The fourth color was really pretty, too, but the swatch didn't show up very well in this picture.

I think these would be beautiful for a pop of glitter on the eye lid because they do have a lot of shimmer. They would also be a great eye shadow base. Because it is a wet product, it would make a good adhesive for either loose pigments or pressed shadows.


And there you have it! I wasn't going to post this until tomorrow, but I have class until 8:20 pm so I figured it was better sooner rather than later.

I hope some of these products look interesting to you. If I find the other lipsticks/blush, I will put swatches up on my Instagram, but I won't do another blog post about them. Let me know what you want to see next in the comments below!

Thanks for reading, and have a great week :)

Love,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment