Thursday, January 8, 2015

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation

Hi everyone! I hope you've all been keeping warm in this crazy weather. Today I wanted to review two products from Tarte Cosmetics that I tried out yesterday and fell in love with instantly.

They are the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation and the Tarte Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush.







This is what the products look like in and out of the packaging. I picked mine up from the local Beauty Brands store in the shade Fair Honey, which is the palest shade in the collection. They also sell Tarte products at Sephora and Ulta. The foundation costs $36 and the brush costs $26, so these are higher end items, but I think you get what you pay for here.


"The Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation delivers flawless, natural-looking coverage that lasts, while the skintuitive™ formula invigorates skintone and texture for a youthful complexion. Powered by Amazonian clay enriched with the earth’s natural, light-reflecting gemstones, this talc-free, moisture-rich powder buffs on smoothly for waterproof, 12-hour coverage that won’t settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Available in an array of shades to perfectly complement a wide range of skintones and undertones, this innovative foundation also employs a custom mesh delivery system for a fool-proof, mess-free application every time." 




I was a little skeptical of the "full coverage" aspect of this foundation because it is a mineral product, and I'm accustomed to liquid foundations. However, you'll see later that it really does deliver everything it promises. 

To me, it also seemed like a scam that I had to buy an expensive makeup brush specifically for this foundation. Unfortunately, I've tried the product with other powder brushes, and they work okay, but the Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush honestly generates the best results.



"Buff your way to airbrushed complexion perfection with this soft brush that’s the perfect complement to the Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation. Versatile and made from sustainably harvested bamboo and synthetic bristles, this brush allows you to flawlessly apply powder foundation like a pro. Travel-friendly and cruelty-free, this brush fits perfectly into the mesh sifter on the foundation for clean and easy application every time." 

While other brushes don't necessarily work as well with the Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation, this brush can be used with any powder product for a full coverage finish. 




These products are super easy to work with. All you do is dip the brush into the mesh center of the foundation and then tap off the excess against the side so that you don't waste any powder. After that, you will gently buff the brush against your skin in circular motions until you achieve your desired coverage. 



The top picture is me without any makeup on. I know - bare face - shield your eyes! The bottom picture is after I applied the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation using the Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush (try saying that five times fast). 

As you can see, the redness in my face and most of my blemishes have been completely covered, and if you look at my nose and my cheeks, the texture of my skin looks much better, too. I did use a primer (Benefit the Porefessional) before applying my foundation, and I think that helped the powder stick to my skin better. If you have any severe blemishes, I would suggest putting on concealer BEFORE this foundation because liquid on top of powder will cake up and look unnatural.


The rest of my face makeup - bronzer, blush, highlighter - applied so smoothly on top of this foundation, and it felt really lightweight on my skin. It didn't clog my pores or sink into the fine lines under my eyes or around my nose. By the end of the night, my skin didn't look oily, and the makeup hadn't broken up or worn off. 

So, if you're in the market for a high-end, full coverage, lightweight, mineral foundation, I highly recommend this product. 

Thanks for reading everybody, and follow me on Instagram (@_magpiebeauty) to find out about new blog posts as soon as they go up!

Love,
Maggie

1 comment: