Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer 2015 Fashion/Beauty Haul

Hello again! Today's blog post is going to be something I've never done before, and I'm not sure how it will work out in this format because, usually, hauls are done in video format. I'm hoping this won't be too boring for you all, but I've been doing some shopping over the past month or so, and I wanted to share with you everything I've been stocking up on for this summer. It is all either fashion or beauty-related, and, as I don't have access to my university's filming equipment while I'm at home, I thought I would take some pictures and put them all in a post.


There's the collective haul! Some of this I ordered online, and other things I bought in-store. The places I shopped from include Forever 21, Torrid, The Limited, Swimsuits For All, Ulta, Sephora, and Lush. Let's get started!


Sephora

The first picture is showing the makeup products I purchased from Sephora, and they are the original Beauty Blender, the Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox Beauty Balm in the travel-size, the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Exposed, and the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone.

I've been wanting all of these products for a really long time, and I've been making decent money from my summer job, so I went ahead and purchased them when I was at the mall the other day. I have used Beauty Blender dupes before, but I'm excited to try the one that started all the hype. I'm also thinking of doing a drugstore/high end comparison between the Dr. Jart+ BB cream and an e.l.f. BB cream that I have.

In the second picture are the three skincare products I bought from Sephora, and they are the First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Daily Face Cream, the Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser by Philosophy, and The True Cream - Aqua Bomb by Belif.

I featured the two moisturizers on my Instagram this past week, so if you follow me on there, you will already know that I love them! I use the First Aid Beauty cream as my day time moisturizer and I use the Belif Aqua Bomb as my night cream. I talked about the Purity cleanser in a previous blog post which you can find here.


Ulta


I went a little bit crazy in Ulta because I had not shopped there in so long, but I'm extremely happy with everything I purchased, and I haven't even tried anything out yet. In the first picture are the Matrix Biolage Volume Bloom Shampoo and Conditioner. I went with the smaller-size bottles because I've never tried the Volume Bloom collection before, and I have fine hair, but I have a lot of it, so I'll be interested to see how these products work for me.

The second picture shows all the products I picked out from Nyx Cosmetics. The first two are Intense Butter Glosses in the shades Sorbet and Napoleon. The third item is the Nyx Butter Lipstick in the shade Pops. Next are four of the Nyx Lip Liners in Pale Pink, Mauve, Natural, and Nude Pink. The product on the bottom is the Nyx Micro Brow Pencil in Espresso. The Intense Butter Glosses and the Brow Pencil are products that have come out within the past several months that I've been dying to get my hands on, but this was my first trip to Ulta since they came out, so I had to pick some of them up of course.

In the third picture are a few of random products. First is the Essence Silky Touch Blush in 20 Babydoll. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Essence products, but I didn't own anything by them, so I decided to try out one of the blushes. Next is the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush which looks great for blending out my contour, and last is the Kenra Professional Dry Thickening Spray, which will hopefully add some more body to my hair.

Lush


These are the only two products I picked up from Lush, and I have tried samples of them out before, but I decided to go ahead and buy the big sizes. The top one is the Ocean Salt scrub (self-preserving), which is supposed to be a great exfoliant for acne-prone skin. I went with the Self-Preserving formula because it is slightly less abrasive than the original, and I do have sensitive skin so I wanted to avoid anything too harsh. The bottom one is the Mask of Magnaminty. I've been on the hunt for a Holy Grail face mask for a long time now, and this one is a lot cheaper than many of the masks sold at Sephora, plus I remember how much I loved the sample when I tried it. This mask also smells like Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, and it really purifies your skin and tightens your pores. The original formula is better for oily skin than the self-preserving one, so that's why I went with this one.

Forever 21





I don't much enjoy shopping at Forever 21 in-store because the place kind of gives me a headache. However, online, you can really see how many cute clothing items they have, and it's super affordable. I got four basic tops and three pairs of denim shorts online, and everything fits great. I was thinking about doing a try-on haul for the clothes I purchased, but I wasn't sure anyone would care what they looked like on, so leave a comment down below if that's something you'd be interested in!






Swimsuits For All


These three Swimsuit Cover Ups were a little more difficult to photograph than some of the other items I bought, but essentially, I bought a black cover up with cut-outs that go up the sleeves, a gray t-shirt style cover up, and a long white tank-top style cover up. I'm going on a float trip in a couple of weeks with my family, and I wanted something to wear on the river over my suit so I don't burn to a crisp! I have never shopped from Swimsuits for all before, but these all seem like really great quality.

Torrid


The only two things I bought from Torrid were this black Surplice Tulip Maxi Dress and a pair of their Premium Cropped Leggings in black. The dress looks much better on than it does lying on my bed, in my opinion, and as for the leggings, they're pretty much the only leggings I wear, but I needed a new pair because my old ones are starting to wear out.

The Limited


This Metal Trim Satchel is probably my favorite purchase out of everything I bought. I found it when I was doing some research on semi-affordable handbags, and I'm absolutely in love. It comes in a cream color as well, but I thought that would get dirty way too fast. It is faux leather, but I think the quality is great, and it could easily pass for a designer bag. It does have a cross-body strap, which is a necessity for me, and it just has one big compartment inside with a small zipper slot on the side.I can't wait to start carrying this around.


That's it for my Summer haul! I think it's safe to say that I won't need to do any more shopping for a very long time. I'm going to start saving some money for next summer when I will hopefully be studying abroad in Ireland!

If you want to see a review of any of the products I bought, leave a comment down below, and I will do a blog post about it! Next week, I will probably post my updated skincare routine. Thanks for much for reading, and don't forget to follow me on Twitter to see mini-posts almost every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment