Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"We Love Eyes" Eye Makeup Remover

Hi all! I realize it's been another two weeks since I've put up a new blog post, and again, I'm sorry! I was out of town for the last two weekends, so I'm just now getting back into the swing of things. Today I'm going to be reviewing two products from a new company called We Love Eyes.


We Love Eyes offers "vegan + natural + sustainable cleansing products for the eye" that are all developed with tea tree oil by Dr. Tanya N. Gill, OD.

I've been testing out the Eyelid & Eyelash Makeup Remover Oil and the Eyelid & Eyelash Foaming Cleanser which are recommended to be used in conjunction with each other. I'm going to take you through the process of how I use the products, and I'm including some pictures so you can see how well they work.


I started off by taking about five drops of the Oil into the palm of my hand. I really love that this product comes with a little eye dropper. It is also created with organic Jojoba and Napa Valley grapes. The bottle recommends applying the oil to your eyes with a cotton pad, but I just went in with my fingers. Other uses include removing lipstick and lip gloss, scalp treatment before bathing, massage oil, skin moisturizer, and cuticle softener.


Below is a picture of me with full-on eye makeup: primer, shadow, liner, mascara, brows. 


I started off by just gently massaging the oil around my eyes. I began with my lids, then I worked the product into my lashes and brows. You don't have to apply much force, the oil will do most of the work for you.


I only applied it to one eye at first so you could see the comparison. This is before I rinsed any of the oil off, and my eye does look a little red, but that was only from rubbing it. The oil did not sting or irritate my eyes in any way. 


Here's what it looked like after I rinsed off the oil with water. As you can see, the eye area is pretty bare, but there was some residue left from the oil, and there were still some black smudges. This is where the foaming cleanser comes in.


The foaming cleanser is formulated with coconut, radish, aspen, jojoba, grapes, and honeysuckle. I only used half a pump because the bottle recommends using one full pump for both eyes. I pretty much used this the same way I used the oil, applying it directly to my eye and rubbing it in gently with my fingertips. Other suggested uses include face wash, eyebrow wash, scalp treatment, baby shampoo, and ear piercing cleanser.


My eyes are closed in this one because the foaming cleanser did actually sting my eyes a little bit. but that is possibly because I left it on too long in order to get this picture. The stinging did not last after I rinsed the product out, so I assume if it is not left on the eye for more than a few seconds, minimal irritation should occur.


Here is the final comparison between the two eyes. There was not a trace of makeup left on the eye I used the products on. It even took care of the liner in my water line, which I usually still find traces of the next morning.


After finishing the other side, your eyes should be completely devoid of makeup, and the redness lasted only a few minutes. My eye area was left feeling super soft afterwards, too. 

Overall, I was extremely pleased with both of these products. Some other important things to know about the line is that everything is cruelty free, preservative free, gluten free, sulfate free, retinoid free, paraben free, phthalate free, formaldehyde free, petrochemical free, and there are no fake dyes, fake colors, or fake fragrances.

There are plenty of decent eye makeup removers out there, but I doubt you'll find any with such high quality ingredients that works as well as this one. 

Here are the links to my Twitter and Instagram if you want to follow me on there!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment