Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Liebster Award

Earlier this week, I was nominated by theflowerthatblooms for the Liebster Award, which is basically an award that only exists on the Internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, and it follows the principles of a chain letter in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people. If you're nominated, you answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you, and then you nominate other blogger and ask them 11 questions of your own. First, I would like to thank Rachel and Lauren for nominating me and invite you all to check out their blog from the link above.





These are the questions that Rachel and Lauren asked me:

1. Who/what inspired you to start blogging?

A few years ago, when I was a junior in high school, I started watching makeup tutorials on YouTube, and I was so interested in how these young women transformed themselves and played around with different products. I wanted to be able to do the same. So, in December of 2014, I created Magpie Beauty, and then, when my Digital and Social Media class started up, I was able to collaborate with the class for this blog and make it into something more professional.

2. What is your dream pet?

I'm aware that this is not possible at all, but if I could have any pet in the world, it would be a panda cub just like this one.


3. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

Just one? Does pizza count? If I could only have pizza for the rest of my life, at least I could switch up what types of pizza I had to eat every day.

4. Have you ever met anybody famous?

I did not actually meet her, but I saw Lena Dunham when she came to Iowa City a few months ago to do a reading of her book Not That Kind of Girl.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

In a perfect world, I would have a big townhouse somewhere in Paris or London.

6. Do you have any superstitions?

Like the "Step on a crack, break your mother's back" kind of thing? I don't really believe in that stuff.

7. How long have you been blogging for?

I have been blogging for exactly 4 months today! My first blog post "Best Mascaras of 2014" went up on January 4, 2015.

8. What is your favorite TV show and why?

This is not an easy question, considering how much television I watch, so instead, I'm just going to list the show that I'm currently watching: Bones, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Supernatural, How to Get Away with Murder, Orphan Black, and Scandal. Just to name a few.

9. What is your dream job?

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be an author. I love writing short stories and creative non-fiction. I would love to write a book some day. 

10. Do you believe in fate?

I haven't given much thought to fate. I think people get what they work hard for.

11. Have you been to any concerts, and if so, which ones?

I have seen Rascal Flatts in concert 3 times (my family was a big fan of them when I was younger), Tim McGraw, Dierks Bentley, Bruce Springsteen, Third Eye Blind, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. 


Those are all the questions I was asked, and I just want to thank Rachel and Lauren again for the nomination and the support! I am nominating Keri Hill Beauty, Jill's Makeup Fancy, and Beauty Grail because they are always supporting my Instagram account by liking and commenting on my pictures there.

These are the questions I have for the three of you:

1. Who is your all-time favorite beauty blogger?
2. What is your favorite makeup brand or product?
3. Which countries have you been to outside of the one you currently live in?
4. What's one thing you never leave the house without?
5. What inspired your very first blog post?
6. What is your guiltiest pleasure to watch on Netflix?
7. Do you have any pet peeves, and if so, why?
8. If your blog was not about beauty, what would it be about?
9. What is your favorite part about blogging?
10. What are you looking forward to most this year?
11. What is your favorite book?

Don't forget to tag me in your post on Instagram (@_magpiebeauty) so I can see your answers, too!

Thanks for reading, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment