Saturday, April 11, 2015

Empties/Products I've Used Up


Hi all! Today I am going to be doing some quick reviews on my empties, or the products I've used up, and letting you know if I've repurchased them or what I've bought to replace them.




Simple Micellar Cleansing Water


This first product I want to talk to you about is now a holy grail product for me, and I am already making my way through my second bottle. Micellar water is basically just a cleanser in liquid form. You dampen a cotton pad with it and then you rub it over your face, and it is great at removing makeup - even stubborn waterproof mascara. I use this every night to take off my makeup. I've been trying to avoid drugstore skincare products, but Simple markets itself  as a "Sensitive Skincare Expert", and I've never had any issues with their products.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover


This product did a decent job of removing all of my eye makeup, but despite the "oil-free" claim, it always left behind a greasy-feeling residue, and I have since replaced it with Simple Micellar Cleansing Water.

Origins United State Balancing Tonic


I featured this product in a previous blog post, and I loved it until the last drop. It left my skin feeling very clean and it did not break me out. I would use this every night on a cotton pad after cleansing and before moisturizing, and I may repurchase this toner again sometime down the road, but I wanted to try something different, so for now, I have replaced it with the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Pads, which I am really enjoying.

Look Beauty Anti-Blemish Mud Mask


These face masks are amazing! One package comes with 3 masks (I found mine at CVS, but they are also sold at Target). Each individual packet has a TON of product in it, probably enough for two masks, but it recommends using it on your neck as well, and you leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water. I would use this mask at night before I went to bed, and I always noticed a huge improvement in my complexion the next morning. I recommend using a face mask about once or twice a week. I will definitely be repurchasing these, but I want to try the Pore Refining Creme Mask next - there are over 10 different varieties to chose from!

Benzac Intensive Spot Treatment


I am always hunting for a new spot treatment, and when I saw this one at CVS by a brand that I had never heard of, I figured I would give it a try. Alas, I was not impressed. I have never found a miracle spot treatment that has been able to clear my skin up completely, and I have tried drugstore, high-end, you name it. This one has a regimen (a Step 1 and Step 2) that go along with it, and maybe it would have worked better in conjunction with those products, but I am moving onto a new spot treatment. I purhcased the Skin+Pharmacy Advanced Acne Therapy Spot Treatment and we'll just have to see how that works out.

Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo


Like spot treatments, I have tried a lot of dry shampoos. If I had to guess, I have probably tested about 20 different varieties. This one, for $3 or $4 at Target, is hands down my favorite. I usually buy three of them at a time so I always have a backup. No other dry shampoo eliminates the oil and leaves my hair feeling fresh like this one. The only downside is the white residue it leaves behind, but as long as you rub it in well, it's not noticeable at all.

Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue


Very rarely do I finish a chapstick before losing it, so this was an accomplishment for me. I have quite a few of these Baby Lips from Maybelline, and I like them all a lot. I don't notice a big different between the Dr. Rescue Line and the original besides the mentholated feeling the Dr. Rescue ones have. I think both are equally as moisturizing, and I have plenty of other chapsticks and lip balms to hold me over, so I won't be running out to replace this particular one.

Those are all the products I have used up for now, and what I'm most excited about is throwing all of these empties away! I was saving them in a drawer until I had enough to review, and now I've got room for some new products I've been waiting to share with you. Next week's post is going to be especially exciting because I'm doing a video review of some products from Colourpop Cosmetics.

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Instagram for daily beauty-related pictures and to find out as soon as I put up new blog posts. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment