Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Makeup Geek Eye Shadow Haul + Collection

Since it has been 3 billion years since I last uploaded anything to Magpie Beauty, I'm not going to get into a novel-lenth apology or try to explain how busy I've been the last few months. Instead, I'm going to get right into this post.

I have not been buying much makeup lately, so I decided to reward myself by adding 5 Makeup Geek eye shadows to my collection. Before this purchase, I had 7 of them in a palette already. These eye shadows are $6 a piece, which is half the price of MAC eye shadows, and they are such high quality. I have only tried the matte formulas, but they are super pigmented, and they also blend out really easily.



The five shades I bought were (top row, left to right) Peach Smoothie, Bedrock, Beaches & Cream, (bottom row, left to right) Cherry Cola, and Barcelona Beach. They're mostly all neutrals, which may seem kind of boring, but you can never have too many transition colors! Cherry Cola is the wild card, but it was too stunning to pass up on, and the other 4 colors are great for blending through the crease.

Bedrock and Cherry Cola are actually two of the new and reformulated matte eye shadows, and the other three are part of Makeup Geek's original collection.



The top picture shows what my new eye shadows look like out of their cute little packaging. They are in the same order as the very first image. The bottom picture shows all 12 of my Makeup Geek eye shadows together in a magnetic Z palette. You can order magnetic palettes from the website here. Empty Z Palettes cost anywhere from $14.99 - $28.00 depending on the size.

I was only going to show swatches of the new eye shadows, but I realized I haven't swatched any Makeup Geek shadows on my blog before, so I decided to show you guys swatches of all of the ones I have in my growing collection.



Vanilla Bean and White Lies are a little bit hard to see because I'm so pale, but I love White Lies as a brow bone highlight because it is just a true matte white shade, and Vanilla Bean is perfect for blending out shadow if you've been a little bit too heavy handed and you want to diffuse the look because it matches my skin tone almost perfectly.

If you're looking for some high quality, affordable eye shadows to build your own custom palette with, I would definitely recommend Makeup Geek! They offer a wide variety of colors and formulas, including the new Foiled Eye Shadows and the new Duochrome Eye Shadows which both look like they have amazing color payoff. 

Sorry for the short post, but I figured these picture spoke for themselves :) Thanks for reading, and don't forget to check out my Twitter and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment